North East Chilli Festival 2/3rd Jul.
Morpeth Food Festival 1st Oct.
Robson and Sons still use the same age old traditional method of smoking over oak fires and their products are famous all over the world for their quality and flavour. The
fantastic authentic smell of the smoke spreads through this part of the village and adds so much character to the atmosphere. They now sell their amazing produce both in the Alnmouth village and via
an online shop.
- Swallowfish in Seahouses offer a wide range of fresh, seasonal fish straight from the North Sea.
- The Berwick Shellfish Company is a family run business in Berwick-Upon-Tweed that specialise in supplying live shellfish of the highest quality to markets throughout Europe. The
majority of the shellfish are caught locally in the crystal clear waters, renowned for the quality of the shellfish found there.
- J and J in Amble open Wed am Thur/Fri till 4pm Sat Am.
- Amble Fish Market Thur/Fri/Sat. check opening times.
Butchers, Bakers and Green-grocers
- The multi-award winning Rothbury Family Butchers perhaps most famous for their 'Cragside Cracker' which is an absolutely beautifully flavoured sausage. All their meat is locally
sourced if at all possible and they are widely regarded as one of the country's top sausage makers, you can even order and buy online on their website.
- Turnbull's of Alnwick are also an award-winning family butcher, it's all local meat that they then hang on the bone to mature the flavours.
- Trotter's Family Bakers have shops throughout Northumberland and the Scottish Borders. The business was set up in 1968 and has gone from strength to strength ever since, their
Border Tarts are utterly fantastic! They currently have shops in Alnwick, Amble, Coldstream, Duns, Eyemouth, Seahouses and Wooler.
- Julian's Veg deliver seasonal fruit and vegetables, most of which are grown locally by them, as well as local free range eggs, bread baked to order and a wide variety of fresh
fruits, salads and herbs from quality North East suppliers. They deliver and also sell at local farmer's markets.
- Running Fox bakery at Felton is a delightful cafe and bakery with mouthwatering breads and cakes.
- Etal breads is another well known bakery.
- Caboos. Patisserie and chocolatiers in Walkworth. check opening times.
- Heatherslaw Mill and shop for stoneground flour
- Spurreli Boutique Ice Cream are based by the harbour in Amble. Spurreli have beed rated as one of the top places to eat in Northumberland. It's a simple concept really, making
and serving some of the best ice cream, made with local ingredients, that you can get anywhere. It's not just about the beautiful flavours, quality and range of product available though, it's the
friendly and relaxing atmosphere, great staff, free WiFi and good coffee that all add up to a special environment.
- Morwick Dairy Ice Cream in Morwick, near Warkworth is also good. The location on the dairy farm is as nice as the ice cream, there's outside seating and a safe children's play
area as well.
- Vallum Farm, situated in the middle of stunning Hadrian's Wall country and yet only 15 minutes drive from Newcastle, is a haven for ice cream and food lovers alike. Their Tea
Room serves delicious home-cooked food using local produce, including wonderful seasonal vegetables grown on site. The Vallum Ice Cream Parlour sells a huge range of mouthwatering ice creams
including their award winning chocolate brownie flavour.
- Based in Woolle, Doddington Dairy produce award-winning ice cream (and cheeses) and contain only simple ingredients such as full cream milk, double cream, sugar, egg yolks and
real flavours. Only the finest of ingredients are used and here possible they try to source ingredients locally, with quality being of paramount importance.
Farmer's Market - Alnwick.Thursday and Saturday. Alnwick Market Square.
- Hexham. 2nd
& 4th Saturday of each month. Market Place, Hexham.
- Morpeth. 1st
Saturday of each month.Morpeth Market Place.
Greenhead. 'Hadrian's Wall Market'.2nd Sunday of each month. 01697 747448..